Holy crap do I love this book! Now before you start thinking anything: Yes it’s a romance novel, and yes it sits pretty comfortably within the genre “chick-lit” but I don’t care. Not a real fan of the cover art, but I very rarely am as it doesn’t do the book justice at all. And that’s probably my biggest complaint of the book: the cover art sucks.
I really enjoyed this book. This was the first book in over a year that I’ve read in a single sitting. And not only in a single sitting, but in a single evening; it took me maybe six hours cover to cover. And what I love about this book is how upbeat and funny and just wonderful it feels and reads. Unlike most books I’ve read in the past year, there’s a happy ending and I won’t lie, I was giddy through the entire thing. My favorite part? Chapter 28, definitely. The entire book is written in the first person narrative, except for that chapter to FULL EFFECT. It was brilliantly placed, really. Even the acknowledgements at the end were sweet and enjoyable.
Maureen Johnson has a review on the back which reads, “Very sly. Very funny. Very romantic. You should date this book.” Believe me, I would date the crap out of this book in a heartbeat.
- turbulent-moon-ridden-girl likes this
- climbinmyboughs likes this
- jfiya likes this
- bellezzadaldolore likes this
- krisisisipoo likes this
- darkscrapbook likes this
- ctlr likes this
- janeavrils likes this
- recklessmuch reblogged this from fuckyeahreading
- mmiinntt reblogged this from fuckyeahreading
- notsonice likes this
- aliteratelife likes this
- imwithsuperman reblogged this from fuckyeahreading
- king-undisputed likes this
- coquetteelectric likes this
- trangnguyen28 likes this
- fuckyeahreading reblogged this from ayaaai
- bay-vin likes this
- thelalalinemachine reblogged this from simplisticecstasy
- lalalinemachine likes this
- simplisticecstasy reblogged this from ayaaai and added:
- thenoodleincident likes this
- aimless-melissa likes this
- teeaah likes this
- ichika-senpai reblogged this from ayaaai
- ichika-senpai likes this
- ayaaai posted this
A kid from San Francisco who enjoys the hipster culture, nerdfighting, animation and cartoons, art, hometowns, martial arts, the ironic and hilarious, music, and photography.
Ask me anything
Stuff I like
- Psychology Fan Shout-Out: The Arkham Sessions
- Kill la Shock de la Kill
I was planning...
- Anonymous asked:Can you explain why Europeans were much more technologically advanced than the indigenous populations of Africa? I mean, these cultures hadn't even invented sewage systems, which is something the Romans were able to design and implement in 800-735 BC (a long fucking time before "the white man" colonized it)... I mean fuck, without "the white man", they would probably still be in the fucking bronze age.
I don’t really know what kind of history books...